 Technic / 14140
Re: Help with redesigning a Boat Lock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 13:53:32 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jennifer Clark wrote:
In lugnet.technic, John Gerlach wrote:

The other thing I'd ask, do you have some support behind the vertical axles?
You'll need to keep them from flexing out away from the platform, since that
will cause the gears on the platform to slip down a 'tooth' or two, which will
cause the platform to flex.  You want to make sure they stay "|", and don't
start going "(" or ")".

What if two gears were used, one on either side of the the worm, effectively
pinching it between them? That should stop any flexing and prevent the teeth
from slipping.

Jennifer

Thanks to this advice, I've got a pretty good idea how we can fix the lift lock,
but I'll throw somethign together at home tonite to test...

THen I'l bring it to dinner next Friday

Dave K