 Technic / 14138
Re: Help with redesigning a Boat Lock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 13:11:11 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Rob Stehlik wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
For our current train layout I have attempted to create a working lift lock

You know Jeff, for a train guy, you are pretty good with gears :)

I think you are very close with Attempt 3. The tricky part is designing
a "nut" to mesh nicely with the worm gears. I have a design for a leadscrew
that is very smooth and strong. I will email the Ldraw file to you
directly. You can post it on Brickshelf if others are interested.

Hmmmmmm.... cough... cough.......
I think Jeff had a little bit of help ;)

Rob, if you come to the next dinner, and if Jeff brings the lift lock, maybe we
can put our heads together and come up with a thought or two :)

John