 Technic / 1303
1302  |  1304
Subject:
8002 Destroyer Droid (was: Re: Is 8479 Barcode Multi Set worth buying?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:44:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

"Hao-yang Wang" <hywang@pobox.com> writes:

I used to think that Lego is running out of ideas, until I saw 8002
the Destroyer Droid. This is a technic set without studs and gears,
but what a clever mechanism! Be sure to get you one, even if you
have never watched the Starwars movies. Besides, 8002 comes with
two flex cables in brown!

I agree that it is a very cool set.  The mechanism and the design is
indeed very clever.

But what an instructions manual!  If I had one dollar for every
mistake I found in the instructions, the 8002 would have been a cheap
buy.  Most of the errors are not too significant, though, and the
worst error (the misplacement of the rubber band) is corrected in the
addendum sheet.

There were some errors in the 8001 Battle Droid as well, but not that
many.  It looks like these were made in a hurry to me.  I hope they
get corrected, as this will make them look better.

(I just got mine in the TRU in Biloxi, Mississippi, BTW.  Perhaps new,
corrected ones are out already other places -- I wouldn't know.)

Fredrik