 Technic / 1289
Re: Is 8479 Barcode Multi Set worth buying?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 01:16:28 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Chris Langstaff writes:
I've read mixed reviews about 8479 Barcode Set, but I can't help but be
fascinated by the mechanism that lifts objects over the cab of the truck into
the back.  Is it a worthwhile investment?

What I'd ultimately like to build is a garbage truck - like the ones that lift
the bins over the front of the truck, then turn the bin and dump the garbage
in the back.  I could do this with my 'regular' technic pieces, but it would
require a lot of ingenuity (I'm not an engineer or robotics expert).  Has
anyone tried this?

On that note, a garbage truck that loads from the back would be even better -
like the 6693 from Town series, only larger and with Technic pieces.  Perhaps
compacting the garbage with spring-loaded or pneumatic parts?

Anyone have any ideas or advice?

Chris.