 Technic / 1293
Re: Is 8479 Barcode Multi Set worth buying?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:20:36 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Michael Brenner writes:
You may want to call lego about the barcode set,to see if stock is low. They
no longer list the set on the web site or in the catalog. They no longer
show many Technic sets. The only sets still listed are the helicopter,
street sensation and the Claw truck.
I hope they plan to put some new technic stuff out. The slizzer thrower
things are flat out awful. the pieces in them are not very useful. It would
also be a bummer if the pneumatic system were no longer used.
Mike

I spoke to Lego S@H about two weeks ago - they said 8479 is still in stock for
$164 USD, but I didn't ask how many they have.  I'm on the fence as to whether
I should jump on one.  I just spent close to $300 on ebay recently so it's a
question of how badly do I need 8479 - it would nicely round out the
collection of larger sets - but the wallet would take a big hit.

I was more curious to know if the lift mechanism on 8479 is worth owning.  As
for more Technic sets, I definitely agree Lego should put out
more 'appropriate' sets.  Those Throwbot things do not interest me at all.
More pneumatics (especially like 8459, which is a favourite) or spring-loaded
parts (e.g., 8448 and 8880) would be best - I just think Lego is running out
of ideas.

Chris.