 Technic / 12627
  BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

This years BrickFest in DC is going to be "the best so far". To make that happen, the organizers are interested in new ideas for things you'd like to see happen. As usual, I am concentrating on the Technic and Mindstorms end of things and there are (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) ... (...) Most of the stuff in the Tech/Mind room requires the builder to operate it. But, with all the other stuff going on, we want to get out and look around, like everyone else. While a lot of it looks pretty cool just sitting still, it's (...) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) Woo-Hoo!!! (...) John, that sounds like an excellent idea, especially considering that in the past, the Technic/Mindstorms theme has been shoved off into a small room upstairs at GMU. (Of course, I understand the situation and the space (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) Give Doug and Kevin several display tables, require that one of those guys be present to operate stuff, and you could entertain large crowds all weekend :-) (...) :-) A "crane-crashing" would be a spectacular event. Certainly a crowd-pleaser. (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) Thanks! I've not heard from Doug lately. I'll have to check with him on Brickfest. (...) A one time event? (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) Most definitely :-) I try to pull only one catastrophe per year ;-) -TJ (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

John, I have signed up for Brickfest and have hotel reservations. I'll be bringing all the MOCs I have. I really like the feeding time idea. Has anything concrete come of this? Kevin (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) Yes, it's on the schedule at 1:00 each day. It will be a fun time for us robot/technic people to show off our stuff, in action... I plan on bring both of my Connect-Four robots, which are now able to play against each other, and/or anyone (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) So, what *is* a Spybot Swarm? It's on the schedule, but there's no description. I have a Gigamesh I can bring, but what accessories (if any) does it need? (I outfitted it with fat tires because the cloppety-clop tri-wheels annoyed me.) Please (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) There are daily "feeding time" events at 1:00pm in the Technic/Mindstorms room. This is like feeding time at the sea-lion exhibit at the zoo. All the animals wake up and run around 'cos they're being fed. Well, at BrickFest, feeding time is (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Bring your spybots to Brickfest

(...) Thanks to being overwhelmed by other stuff, this hasn't gotten as far as I'd hoped. However, parts are coming together nicely. I've been able to collect 13 Spybots, (stripped down a bit). Tonight, I've finally got a simple program working. (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  What's a Spybot? (was Re: Bring your spybots to Brickfest)

(...) for it turned up only this: (URL) which doesn't look anything like what's on Steve's page, nor does it look particularly programmable. Being too much of a cheapskate for Mindstorms, I'm always on the lookout for cheaper alternatives, so, what (...) (20 years ago, 15-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What's a Spybot? (was Re: Bring your spybots to Brickfest)

(...) Apparently there are only two kinds left, at least at shop.lego.com. There used to be 4: (URL) (20 years ago, 15-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)