 Technic / 11482
Re: Looking for Technic suggestions ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 04:28:38 GMT

"Jennifer Clark" <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:HnIM5K.1nnz@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.technic, Mike Walsh wrote:

[ ... snipped ... ]

I really like the octopus Mike, using string to move the arms is a great
idea. The technic turntable is a godsend for things like this, when I was
young I always wanted to make octupus type rides but could never get them
quite right since there appeared to be no way of making concentric drive
shafts.

Thanks to all for all of the positve feedback, I had a lot of fun building
these.  A number of clubs have used amusement parks in their train layouts,
NELUG's comes to mind.  The feedback from the public was temendous, the
Merry-Go-Round was probably the most popular.

I have a render of a turntable arrangement I used for a crane, the gear
reduction will be too much for your application but it may give you some
ideas:

http://www.genuinemodels.com/ac50_1_lrg/turntable_gears_2_lrg.htm
http://www.genuinemodels.com/ac50_1_lrg/rollers_lrg.htm

[ ... snipped ... ]

I ended up basing my solution in large part to the turn-table gearing
solution Jennfier Clark posted above.  What I ended up doing is this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mpw/Amusement-Park/amusementdrive.jpg

I'll probably futz around with it some more but it working pretty well, much
better than it did previously.

Thanks again for all of the suggestions, lots to think about.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com