 Technic / 10872
Re: Water Tank in 8454?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 01:18:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Neb Okla wrote:
I'm thinking that if you mount the tank vertically, and use the top hose for
air input - and then use the bottom hose for water - then you shouldn't have
too much problem with back-flow - as long as you are careful not to overfill
the tank (maybe use a measuring cup to measure it's capacity, then decrease
that by 1/4 and only add the remaining amount each time to be safe).

     The more water you put in, the less air you have capacity for.  If you make
sure that you don't fill more than 1/4 of your total air capacity with water,
you might be able to blow the entire load with one charge.  The downside is
you'd need to completely reset it each time, but the water stream will be more
impressive if the last bit of water is still under a good amount of pressure.
Overloading the water tank will result in it trickling off to a dribble.

Also, I seem to recall some pneumatic "t-tubes".  You might be able to add a
t-tube to mimic a miracle grow container.  You might just end up blowing air
out of two hoses instead of one - and not doing any siphoning at all.

     You mean have the water come in from one tube and the air come in from
another tube, and mix together in the T-connector?  I don't think it'll work as
well as pressurizing the water.  Siphon systems work best if the air volume
being pushed through is bigger than the liquid volume, and that typically
requires two different sized feed tubes.  I've got a simple airbrushing setup,
and the paint is fed through a special cap that terminates in a diameter of no
more than 1/128".