 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7828
Re: Water Tank in 8454?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:19:02 GMT

I'm thinking that if you mount the tank vertically, and use the top hose for
air input - and then use the bottom hose for water - then you shouldn't have
too much problem with back-flow - as long as you are careful not to overfill
the tank (maybe use a measuring cup to measure it's capacity, then decrease
that by 1/4 and only add the remaining amount each time to be safe).

Then, as long as the nozzle of the hose is above the tank, no water should
come out.  The hose may be pretty long though, and you may need to pump
several times before water starts to flow.  It might also be good to include
a pneumatic valve.

The coolest system would involve two tanks, connected serially - one full of
water and one filled with pressurized air (separated by a valve).

Then you could fill the lower tank, pressurize the air tank, then flip the
switch and the air will force a bunch of water out.

I'd think that both tanks would have half the air pressure at that point, so
you might not get all of the water out.  Closing the switch and filling the
air tank again for a second blast might do the trick.

Also, I seem to recall some pneumatic "t-tubes".  You might be able to add a
t-tube to mimic a miracle grow container.  You might just end up blowing air
out of two hoses instead of one - and not doing any siphoning at all.

Just some ideas...

"Steve Moldovanu" <wolf_hunter_03@hotmail.com> wrote in message

pushes it through the hose on top. Problems are right now that I need to • buy the
model and see exactly how much space there is and how could I stop the • water
from coming out?