 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7808
Re: Water Tank in 8454?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 20:26:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Moldovanu wrote:
I was thinking, could a water tank be placed inside 8454 Rescue Truck? You
know, like place a plastic tank and a Lego Technic air tank to help the water
shoot through the cannon on top of the truck with pressure? Has anyone tried
or thought of this?

     Going off of what little I remember from seeing this model over four months
ago, I believe the back half of it can be emptied out fairly well if you're
willing to strip out the engine.  You might also need to disable a fair amount
of the six-wheel steering mechanism as well, and I believe you'd need to
completely redesign the actual water cannon, since the supply "hose" isn't
hollow.  But yeah, it could probably be done, depending on the size of the tanks
you plan to use.  Of course, your biggest problem is going to be in keeping the
water from backflowing into the air-pump.  Fishtanks have an easy solution, with
a one-way flow restrictor, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to add one of
those between the two tanks.  Also, if there's a way to mount the tanks so the
air infeed is at the top and the water outfeed is at the bottom, you wouldn't
even need a seperate tank for an air reservoir.  SuperSoakers work that way, but
they don't have electricly driven air-pumps.