 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7826
Re: Water Tank in 8454?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:56:28 GMT

so I don't think taking out the engine would be necessary

     Maybe not, but I suspect that area is likely to be the simplest • place to
mount a pneumatic reservoir, and using two together will take up twice • as much
space.  Assuming you don't go the SuperSoaker route.

I have a Technic Air tank and from the pictures I've seen of the 8454 it
should fit in there. But dont you need two? One for air and one for water??

    I don't want to make this project too complicated since I am new at • Technic
(I only have the 4x4 Off-Roader and recently bought the Extreme • Off-Roader). I
was thinking of other projects like how to turn the Extreme Off-Roader • into an
RC Truck using the base from the RC Race Buggy and to place an air tank • instead
of the engine for the back-hoe but this project can't be done since the
pneumatic pack from Shop@Home is not available anymore.
    Since I can't get an air tank, I was thinking of buying a pneumatic • pump and
pneumatic tubes and maybe I can find a very small container, make a hole,
connect the pump and the container using tubes and modify the cannon using • more
tubes from the container to outside and replace the original. And of • course I
will fill the tank with water and see if the pump puts pressure on the • water and
pushes it through the hose on top. Problems are right now that I need to • buy the
model and see exactly how much space there is and how could I stop the • water
from coming out?

Steve M.

You can probably use the old one-way pneumatic valve to prevent the water
from coming back to the tank. And a normal air-switch can control the water
flow.

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix