 Technic / 10801
Re: LEGO design patterns... you know, there's a book in that, I'm sure of it!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:46:59 GMT

One thing that I find really annoying about this kind of book/CD/website, is
that it rehashes general mechanical knowledge. While there is no argument that
this is important information, it isn't lego specific and is available in a
million other places and forms.

I found this to be a problem with several books on Mindstorms. I don't want/need
another text on robotics/AI/mechanics/electronics/etc. I want informatio
specific to the RCX and other parts.

Lets focus on lego patterns, not yet another explanation of gear ratios or
levers or straight-line mechanisms.

Regards

PS This is not meant as criticism of any particular book or person, just a
general observation.