 Technic / 10797
Re: LEGO design patterns... you know, there's a book in that, I'm sure of it!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:23:16 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I was gonna mention Fred Martin, but then you did...

If someone was to want to do such a thing (and it would be very nifty if someone
did!) his stuff would provide one starting point. Another starting point would
be some of the SNOT presentations given at BrickFest and BricksWest...

Also, Fred Martin's stuff is static.... I was thinking of something
dynamic, where new design patterns could be added all the time, as long
as people were submitting them.

One of the important things about documenting LEGO design patterns would
be knowing not only how to build it (or how to build one or two
particular implementations of it, since many design patterns can be
built a multitude of ways), but also a good description of how or why it
works the way it does, as well as showing an example or two of
circumstances under which that design pattern could be exploited.