 Technic / 10020
Re: Are "classic" technic parts doomed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:11:18 GMT

"miguel agullo" <technicpuppy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HDBuAA.z3r@lugnet.com...
My two cents:

1. The current technic electric motor needs traditional technic bricks to
conect it to the newer liftarm elements - but is it being officially
replaced by spybiotics/rc components? My bet is not.

plz no!!!
i want to have traditional technic motors
they can be modified to use with liftarms
but let them exist as motors not as superhero-multi-purpouse-compact-module
:)))

2. The economics of a liftarm-based system make complete sense for Lego: you
need 2 bricks to connect 2 bricks. But you need at least 3 pieces to connect
two liftarms: 2 liftarms and 1 pin (make that at least 2 pins if you are
looking for a fixed connection, rather than a flexible one)

hmm... it means that ppl should buy more pieces
but the in second hand
i supose liftarms are cheaper to produce
1. they need less material
2. the are simplier to mould

when i look at new technic models from TLC
i can bet that technic bricks are going away
ie TLC did new valves and new pistons

now they will project new motors
(i hope with my idea of new electrics :) !!!
(i remind i gave this idea for public)
on the pictures you can see the idea of new connector
which will no longer need 2x2 electric brick
the other advantage is that we will have
an ability to put wire through hole or even axle-hole
which is impossible to do now

then whole technic will appear as liftarm based :)))

pixel