 Technic / 10018
Re: Are "classic" technic parts doomed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 09:27:46 GMT

My two cents:

1. The current technic electric motor needs traditional technic bricks to
conect it to the newer liftarm elements - but is it being officially
replaced by spybiotics/rc components? My bet is not.

2. The economics of a liftarm-based system make complete sense for Lego: you
need 2 bricks to connect 2 bricks. But you need at least 3 pieces to connect
two liftarms: 2 liftarms and 1 pin (make that at least 2 pins if you are
looking for a fixed connection, rather than a flexible one)

I sure hope that the brick doesn't go away, but I am also a big fan of the
"slicker" look of liftarm-based models. BTW, traditional Technic bricks are
still being sold bulk on ebay.