 Technic / *18261 (-20)
  Re: NXT's in Series

[Cross-posted to lugnet.robotics as it's on-topic there] (...) There's no absolutely transparent way to make a program running on one NXT address the sensor or motor ports of a 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th) NXT. However, a lot of solutions to this problem (...) (17 years ago, 17-Sep-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  NXT's in Series

OK, I've scoured the 'net for a good 90 seconds and can't find what I'm looking for. Here's what I'm trying to do: I have an application where I need at least four different outputs. The NXT only has three. Is there a way that I can easily chain two (...) (17 years ago, 17-Sep-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: best way to attach stud to axle?

Hi Daniel, (...) What about using a 1x1x5 brick ((URL) as cutting bit, while maintaining the sides of the top of the brick with some kind of chuck? Philo (17 years ago, 10-Sep-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Mindstorm controlled trains, crane and mini-figures.

I put some new movies up on the Bodville website (layouts) (URL) (17 years ago, 9-Sep-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: best way to attach stud to axle?

(...) well, the round plate between the studs probably won't come off, but anything attached to it will. i want to attach probably some sqare 1x1 plates or one 1x1 brick. the flex idea is not bad at all, but won't work for all bricks. all this is (...) (17 years ago, 5-Sep-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: best way to attach stud to axle?

(...) I'd definitely recommend it too, I've used that to open/close a minifig door very easily. I had also thought of using the axle with a stud at the end, coupled with a clickits ring, but that didn't offer as much clutch. (17 years ago, 4-Sep-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: best way to attach stud to axle?

(...) If you have enough lateral pressure to shift a 1x1 plate from between 4 studs, you almost certainly have enough lateral pressure to shift anything connected to the stud. How much space have you got depth wise? How about a 1x1 round brick onto (...) (17 years ago, 4-Sep-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: best way to attach stud to axle?

(...) i tried that, it breaks off way too easily... especially when it gets pressure from the side. (17 years ago, 4-Sep-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: best way to attach stud to axle?

(...) HA! hadn't thouhgt of that part, probably because it's still on its way and won't be here until next week or so. i completely forgot that it existed :) looks promising, anyway. i'll report again when it arrives. (17 years ago, 4-Sep-07, to lugnet.technic)

"daniel" <daniel.formatc.at.gmail.com> wrote in message news:JnuwLx.In6@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) ??? -Rob www.lifelites.com (17 years ago, 4-Sep-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: best way to attach stud to axle?

(...) What about two 2x2 round plates with a 1x1 round plate in the middle of the 4 studs? (17 years ago, 4-Sep-07, to lugnet.technic)

  best way to attach stud to axle?

hey! i want to attach a normal lego stud (or its bottom counterpart, doesn't matter) to a rotating technic axle, so that a normal 1x1 plate, tile or brick can rotate with it. - it HAS to be only 1 stud at the end, something with 2x2 may be inbetween (...) (17 years ago, 4-Sep-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mindstorm Gantry Crane

"Peter Edwards" <pe668@beer.com> wrote in message news:JMt8yo.7Ez@lugnet.com... (...) to "hook" the load. Seems very efficient. Thanks for sharing your work. Bob (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: First Posting

Hi! A late welcome (that'll teach you to post only in the technique forum ; ) Your MOCs are excellent and I look forward to seeing more! Always glad to add a talented builder to the ranks! Welcome again and God Bless, Nathan (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Suggestions wanted - auto-centring motor drive

(...) I wasn't aware of that part - it certainly looks useful for centring steering. I'll add it to my wanted list for next time I visit Bricklink, thanks. However, what I was looking for wasn't improvements in the restoring spring. It was a way of (...) (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Suggestions wanted - auto-centring motor drive

(...) See (URL) for such a solution. But it works well only with low friction mini-motors. Philo (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Suggestions wanted - auto-centring motor drive

I was wondering if anyone had a good, small technical solution to this problem. It's for applications in remote-control steering and in other mechanical actuators, like the tipping unloaders of Steve's GBC train wagons. The idea is that, for (...) (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Large personal GBC (Was: First Posting)

Thanks everyone for the great feedback, it's good to know I'm not the only one who likes it :) To answer some of the questions... the circle is the most reliable, never even lost a ball, but the stairs and the rocker are just about as reliable and (...) (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Large personal GBC (Was: First Posting)

(...) Wow! Very nice. I can't view the videos from here (one of the downsides of a Mac, those .wmv files), but even from the still images they are tempting and nasty. The train looks great - I've thought of loading the train like that, but the (...) (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: First Posting

Your train is incredible -- it doesn't stop for loading or unloading. That makes it fast -- the fastest GBC train ever built. I also like the rocker, which is something I've wanted to try building but never got around to. Your entire layout is (...) (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact