 Technic / 15856
Re: Suggestions wanted - auto-centring motor drive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:10:59 GMT

The idea is that, for steering a car, you provide motor power in either
direction and the car steers.  If you overrun the motor, the mechanism can start
to slip so it maintains the steering lock.  When you stop the motor, instead of
staying in place, the steering re-centres itself mechanically.

See http://mocpages.com/moc.php/10873 for such a solution. But it works well
only with low friction mini-motors.

Philo