 Technic / 15853
15852  |  15854
Subject:
Large personal GBC (Was: First Posting)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 00:26:37 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Deane VanLuven wrote:

one of the creations on my site is a psuedo GBC
so I thought this group may be interested.

Wow! Very nice. I can't view the videos from here (one of the downsides of a
Mac, those .wmv files), but even from the still images they are tempting and
nasty. The train looks great - I've thought of loading the train like that, but
the unloading is even cooler (I'd like to put that in regulation GBC, but it
might require some build-up of the train track... I can't see the unloader in
the stills). It looks like you've got an amzing variety of lifts there - which
do you like the best, or which is the most reliable? The corkscrew lift looks
really steep (steeper than I've seen), but I'm perhaps most curious about the
tilting lift - it's another I've not yet built, but looks like it could be very
handy.

As to following the standard, well... when you can construct a GBC all by
yourself, I think you can probably take some liberty with the standard :-). If
you are going to contribute to a show, however, and if you can in any way do
it... bring this GBC. It'll be a hit.

More details, thoughts, comments? I love it!

--
Brian Davis