 Technic / *17391 (-20)
  Re: Rendering 8868 AirtechClaw Rig in MLCad/LDraw

(...) Like Koyan, I have a half done version (most of the chassis and half the "turret"). MLCad is very easy to use, and is as simple as adding a part, then rotating/positioning it. Repeat ad infinitum. (...) This model, in my opinion, is on par (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Rendering 8868 AirtechClaw Rig in MLCad/LDraw

"Stephane Simard" <plague@videotron.ca> wrote in news:IsF6HC.10Lo@lugnet.com: (...) I've been working on and off on this one for a while now, but have no idea when I'll finish it, so don't let that stop you! Best way to learn is to jump off the deep (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Rendering 8868 AirtechClaw Rig in MLCad/LDraw

No one so far ever attempted to build this beast in Ldraw. (Or else I would have seen it on brickshelf sooner or later) If nobody is currently doing it, I might be interested. The thing is that I never, ever used any 3d drawing software in my life. (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Automated Castle

(...) Greetings Larry, The attacking soldier has a axle in its leg that is a attached to a motor in the tower that causes him to spin. The soldier being attacked is attached to the tower with an elastic. When it is hit it can move back but then is (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Automated Castle

(...) Greetings Geoffrey, I have posted pictures of the various mechanisms: (URL) following is a verbal discription of the mechanisms. Be warned that some cutting, glueing and taping is used: Marching Soldiers: Two marching soldiers are dragged (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Automated Castle

(...) Ok, THAT'S cool. How did you get the two towertop fighting figs to move sideways without falling off whatever they are attached to? (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Automated Castle

Some intriguing ideas there, I kept .technic in as I believe the operational mechanisms would have sufficent merit for discussion there. Would you care to share construction details with some of the designs - they look simple but I think there's (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Automated Castle

Tired of lazy guards that just stand around all day? Bored of ghosts that offer no surprises? Want the portculis to open for you? Want to see one minifig whack another? Introducing the Automated Castle: (URL) with a video clip. Roy Nelson (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic) !!

  Quickie review of #8421 Mobile Crane

Hey all, I thought it might be a new computer, but the big box under the tree turned out to be this Technic behemoth. What a nice surprise! I haven't built anything this complex since the Space Shuttle, and boy, it was a tough! I had never built a (...) (19 years ago, 30-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  BLACK BEAR

(URL) BLACK BEAR> Reproduction of (URL) The Cub> Done in black. Rotational click hinges - 20 inches tall Began construction Christmas Eve completed the day after Christmas 2005 I am currently designing a Mech Bay, which will be built for the robot. (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: How do I mount a motor in a studless construction?

(...) Another option is this part: (URL) matches the geometry of the modified plate with pin hole that you proposed using for the bottom rather well. There *is* a mate for this BTW: (URL) I find I use the modified 2x2 plate more often, as it's (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I mount a motor in a studless construction?

(...) How about putting these on top: (URL) the motor studs in the holes? for 71427 or 43362 use two each side, leaving the 9V connector free. A 2838 motor could have 5 each side. Try these on the bottom: (URL) some plates on the motor to make the (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  How do I mount a motor in a studless construction?

I'm looking for some ways of mounting a motor in a good solid mostly studless construction that doesn't need lots of fiddling around with. I'm looking to mount both 43362/71427 and 2838 styles of motors, but I've no idea how to make it a fairly (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Progetto Formula 1 Technic

(...) Hi Mark, I can do it, but obviously it will be a resume! My latest V10 F1 car is online: next one will be from 2006 season, with a V8 engine... (URL) I'm going to check the possibility to model some "old" historic F1 car... it depends on (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Progetto Formula 1 Technic

(...) It's basically spanish with a lot of letter 'i's (19 years ago, 25-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 3 segments hexapod

In lugnet.technic, Sigurd van Strakenburg wrote: (SNIP) (...) Hi Sigurd, Would it help your mid-stop steering if you spaced the axle joints of the outer mid-stop valve switch levers further apart (reducing their angles relative to the centre (...) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Progetto Formula 1 Technic

(...) Luca you have some seriously good F1 cars there. Could you translate your explanation into English please :-) Merry Christmas. Mark (19 years ago, 24-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mini Dumper

(...) Thanks for your comments. I have also added another shot of the engine bay with the driver's seat tipped up. This typical on this type of machine for the daily engine and system checks. Functionality and playability are key objectives in my (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Progetto Formula 1 Technic

(...) Hi Ross, basically the first link is for a comprehensive article (in Italian language) I wrote about my recent "return to LEGO", including many details of the design process of my Formula 1 cars. But the brickshelf galleries are self (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Progetto Formula 1 Technic

X-posted to .technic - I don't speak Italian, but the pics are enough for me ;) (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact