 Technic / *15976 (-20)
  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

I'm pretty sure that soon you'll find a black, unmarked vehicle at your doorstep, from where two men in suits will emerge to ask you to join the Lego development group. Failure to comply will result in a direct assasination, since we all know (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) Ughh... you're killing me here... I just got 8436 for Christmas... I want to build this... I need instructions... argh... I don't have your skills... I just want to recreate yours... Allow me to vent... When I was a kid the only frustrating (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) (snip) (...) Wow! Superb model, and great presentation, your photography technique is very good. of course the most impressive bit is that you did it all with 8436. Wouldn't it be great if LEGO started making fan created alternate model (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Modifying set 5600 (RC Racer)

I just picked up a used set 5600 (Radio Control Racer), thinking that I would take the wheels off, put a gearbox in to gear it down, and add some treads or fat tires, making a more tank-like vehicle my young son would be able to control. Sadly, I (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) That is really, really good - it has the essence/spirit of the real thing. It makes me want to break open the 8436 I have and build your model. Jennifer (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Using Jennifer Clark's idea

Thanks for the namecheck Nathan, I'm looking forward to seeing this model when you have completed it. I got the idea for the concentric drive in the small excavator from Issac Merkle, who had used a differential for this on a robot arm. TJ then (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  MOC 8436: Cranetruck

Being inspired by the 4100 cranetruck, I decided to build another one a bit more challenging. So I transformed the 8436 truck into another cranetruck: (URL) It has many functions like pneumatic boom and stands, rotating cabin and ofcourse steering. (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX) !!

  Re: Pneumatic switching circuits

<SNIP> (...) OOPS.. I changed diagramming method to a physical ascii art diagram without clarifying it.. Below is 2 switches actuated by a slider which pushes first one switch handle (left switch) from far left to far right then when pushed past the (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Using Jennifer Clark's idea

I am re-designing my track-hoe, and to do so I need to use one of your ideas. On your track-hoe, you have two shafts going through the turntable- one solid shaft and one hollow shaft. I originally intended to use a differential piece for the hollow (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Loader Building Instruction Available !!!

(...) What a great teaser! Any estimate on when we'll see the rest of the pages? <drool...> -- joshua (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic switching circuits

(...) Thanks Steve, I was going to point Joseph there too. Who is this mr Clague guy anyway? The only mr Clague I know is my father. (...) Cool! Another pneumatic master! Kevin (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic switching circuits

(...) I understand the above very well, but I do not understand the stuff below. (...) I admire you doing it all pneumatically. I ended up having to have two pistons that were purely timing switches. There were races in the circuit where things (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8366 supersonic RC now half price at S@H...

(...) Why is this one more expensive than the 8475? Are they the same motors and controller? Just wondering (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  8366 supersonic RC now half price at S@H...

Exactly like I predicted it. Finally grabbed mine! https://shop.lego.co...asp?p=8366 (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A query to GBC members, module builders, and technic model builders.

I like a lot to work with the Technic Link Chain and Technic Link Tread, besides the reason mentions before, because I use for for educational purposes, kids love them, having others colours could be great. It could be wonderfull to have accesories (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 1038 ERBIE the Robo-Car?

(...) I have two pictures I grabbed from an eBay auction awhile back. I've uploaded them to my Brickshelf folder: (URL) (post mod) (URL) all the information I could find about that set. It looks like it was designed as a line-folowing robot, which (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

Hmm - I originally forgot to add lugnet.technic to this post, please post any comments/thoughts you may have to share with others. Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde "Geoffrey Hyde" <g.hyde@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:IAyr24.C76@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic switching circuits

(...) You're right I believe it does.. I had forgotten how complex the page was, I had last viewed it some months ago.. I'm going through it now.....unfortunately my net connection is slightly hosed.. and Comcast is telling me 1 week before they can (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic switching circuits

(...) This is something mr Clague did tackle on his page. In his Quad242 ( (URL) ), he did just what you're wanting to do. In fact, if you can decrypt this page: (URL) you'll understand the secret. I believe the key is having "and" gates, where two (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Pneumatic switching circuits

Ok, I've look through mr Clagues site and I undertand the basics. But I have a problem in trying to design my pneumatic/switch circuit for this big nasty walker of mine: So fist a legend: _ = Extended ~ = retracted / = transition - retracting \ = (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact