 Technic / *15786 (-20)
  Re: missing parts

(...) Speaking of missing parts.... (sorry, change of topic here...) What's the recommended course of action when a person _does_ discover that there is a missing piece in a set? I mean, it's all very well and good to just return it to the store and (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) I was just about to write that my guess would be that axle's 1,2, & 4 all steer when I noticed that neither of the warning beacons on the cab have shafts running down from them, that could be used to steer. Now it could be that the steering is (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: missing parts

What I meant to say was, did the set have any missing pieces? (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  re: missing parts

(...) no. None of the missing parts were included in mine. (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

This may have been posted earlier, I don't know, but it looks like these newer models are remakes of the older, more popular ones from the 90s. Does anyone agree with me? (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

Hey y'all- I have to agree whith what Dave said about this crane. It is beautiful! (Personally I would have opted for four more axles, but I guess to each his/her own). I also am going to get one as soon as this model comes out (would any of y'all (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) It looks absolutely fantastic. If people want to send a message to the execs at TLC about what they want as far as Technic goes, I humbly suggest that they buy this set. And it doesn't have alotta 'bley' in it, so that'll keep the 'colour' (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) And check out the length of that axle on the boom! I wonder if it is the same x1263 as in the street hocky set? -Rob. (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) Yeah! The first set since <set:8455> I'm going to buy. I hope it won't be too expensive. - David (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

"TJ Avery" <tjavery@texbrick.com> wrote in message news:I9ur9s.34x@lugnet.com... (...) Clark :-) It wisnae me! (...) Definitely. I bought the new Ferrari racing car and a couple of the new truck with crane for my Christmas, and they both look good. (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) If that is a fake, then there is a master builder behind it (Jennifer Clark :-) I have to get out of my rut and come back to the world of LEGO Technic! This set looks awesome. It is nice to see a blend of studded and studless parts, and this (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:I9uoIL.1LG4@lugnet.com... (...) In my opinion they were a bit weak in a similar configuration on the previous Technic crane, but then again, these are not heavy duty things :-) It is (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

It's back up again, here's a direct link to the image just in case: (URL) pneumatics rising the boom look a little weak? I'd rather see it unpowere 'cause of cost but all my money go into mountain bike parts anyway :-D Regards, /Tobbe (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: F44-03; alternate jet

(...) As with all your models I'm always amazed how well these models look like, using only the parts from a single set.They look great, have a lot of details and often have some functionality in them which make them very attractive. Keep up the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Tallest lego crane

(...) Mark, since I have to disassemble the boom into sections to get the model back inside, I will take some close up pictures of the boom sections and post them on Brickshelf this evening so that you can get a better look at the design. Alvin (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) Strangely I got to see it once, and now I get the message that the folder isn't yet public. Anyway it looks great. This is the first technic set I've wanted to buy since the new backhoe. Obviously the Technic designer has encountered the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

If this one is not a fake ((URL) looks like LEGO is coming back to some studded construction nicely complemented by studless parts... The RC motor is perhaps a bit oversized and over-powered but is well integrated. Classical (but good) use of a (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Tallest lego crane

(...) Mark, one site that has some good pics and a clear explanation of truss design is (URL) and there's *lots* more on BrickShelf and elsewhere. I've used the TexBrick truss several times in my own models, and it's quite strong. You might find (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Tallest lego crane

(...) Could anyone enlighten me as to what design patterns are employed in these sorts of cranes to build the boom and other arms? >> Mark >> Mark (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: F44-03; alternate jet

(...) Thanks Paul for your very kind words (again). I do my best to get the best out of sets to inspire others hopefully. Perhaps I'm able to present instructions for this model too someday. If TLC would commission me then there will be instructions (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact