 Technic / *15626 (-20)
  Ferrari

The new Ferrari kit was not in the latest catalog. Is it only available in Europe? (URL) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Compact synchro Drive

Yhe steering mechanism is very strong, and i am sure it can handle twice the actual weight. But i'am not sure about the traction mechanism, because it have a lot of friction on the axles and more gear mesh than i would like. But this is only the (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Compact synchro Drive

In lugnet.robotics, Patrick Levy wrote: [snip] (...) unique. I have always had a problem with the durability of the synchro designs out there. Is your design able to handle a large amount of weight? My designs for synchro drives have always used the (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Compact synchro Drive

Iain, I change de location of the site, please try now. (URL) Levy (URL) Hendry" <militaryduckjock@rogers.com> escreveu na mensagem news:I7wK8y.1BE7@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Compact synchro Drive

(...) ((URL) as a washer! Philo (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Compact synchro Drive

(...) :-/ Iain (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Lego RC set 8369

Someone asked me a nice question about the Dirt Crusher, LEGOs outdoor RC car. This what I replied to this person: What are other people experiencing with this car? Greetings Maico Arts the Netherlands (...) set really worth the money on a long term (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Compact synchro Drive

Hi all, I just finished my "compact synchro drive". I started this project some weeks ago, and i was studing an alternative to the always used turntables (that turns the entire robot into a large, fat and heavy being). This model is very compact, (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: rubber belts question

Jonathan, I have some green too, It is the same size of the blue, but thicker (double width). I get those in bionicle set Cahdrok and Gahdok #8558: (URL) Levy (URL) Davis" <edavis@vermontcount...store.com> escreveu na mensagem (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crane madness

(...) (box with x) Iain (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: rubber belts question

(...) Peeron shows them in five different sizes. White is smallest, then red, then blue, yellow, and a sort of light blue. Looks like the red last showed up in 2002 in one of the Bionicle sets, and the light blue "giant" belt only showed up in one (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  rubber belts question

I have the rubber belts (the more "shiny" things, not the elastic bands) in blue, white and yellow. Is there a 1:1 relationship between the size and color of the belts? What sizes/colors do I not have any of? Where can I get some in that size/color? (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Online with web page

(...) correct adress should be (URL) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Online with web page

Ok, Im online at the moment, still waiting for a better wether, and in a process of completing a few models, so I have something to fill my sparetime with. Anyway, enjoy www.jts-modeller.com (20 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: work in progress | more pictures and information

(...) Great. Thanks for asking. Today I reached ´The end of the world' (in Ushuaia on Terra del Fuego). Great place. (...) I know it. The cylinders are too weak. Otherwise you have to make a smaller crane (of less heavy). (...) OK. That will be (...) (20 years ago, 26-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Need Help: Rotating Sections of a Spaceship

(...) Hey Lenny, I just wanted to pipe in with my two cents. I've been working on a ship with a rotating mid-section, though it's probably not as large as yours is looking, it's a medium minifig scale ship, and it only has one rotating section, in (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Need Help: Rotating Sections of a Spaceship

(...) The key thing is keep the center of gravity of the ring at the drive axle. If it is 1mm off then you will need a lot more torque, and the rotation speed will be non-uniform. (...) You can just use 3 bevel gears or this piece (URL) to do (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space)

  Re: Need Help: Rotating Sections of a Spaceship

(...) There are a couple of option without resorting to mods: (URL) Use a large technic turntable. This is probably preferable, as the ring will be large and it will give you a better mechanical advantage, and allow a much more sturdy connection (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Need Help: Rotating Sections of a Spaceship

(...) Cool! But don't knock yourself out trying to get it to run off a single motor - unless you only have one!! You'd probably find on the real craft, they would be driven independently, with computer synchronisation. (...) LOL don't worry it (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Need Help: Rotating Sections of a Spaceship

In lugnet.build, Leonard Hoffman asked: (...) Alas, the Technic toolkit has nothing in the way of planetary gears, or a means to do coaxial shafts. But if you're willing to do brick-modding, you could carve out the center of a 48-tooth gear (so it (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact