 Technic / *11506 (-20)
  Re: City Crane

(...) Or is the correct term jibs? The horisontal parts high up any how. Oh, and the trolley needs a little clarification... Perhaps there is a Brickshelf gallery, I'll go look now... /Tobbe (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: City Crane

(...) the turntable also geared and can it be disconnected so the crane are free to rotate in the wind? And where's the trailer, truck n' all? :) /Tobbe (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SAAB JAS 39 Gripen, step 1 - planning.

(...) Cool idea, I have to look into that! (...) Hey, SHE is the one who wants tons of LEGO rail so my (our) train can pass thru all rooms... Besides I pay all the bills except the food so she can't complain, really. /Tobbe (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Where's the Technic?

"Timothy Carl Buchheim" <tcb@cs.hmcSPAM.edu> wrote in message news:HAoLxD.In7@lugnet.com... (...) list (...) remember (...) on (...) (which (...) thanks for clearing that up... sometimes i am amazed by the things that i miss which are pretty (...) (22 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: City Crane

(...) functioned. (...) Well that actually came about because the string I was using stretched so much and I kept having to adjust it 8?) (...) Yeah, I know so am I 8?) but I figured these cranes arent designed to lift much anyway 8?P. There main (...) (22 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Posting Ldraws for Download

(...) If you mean LUGNET, then are 2 ways: 1.) Post to one of the lugnet.cad.dat.* groups and add it automatically via the box at the bottom of the posting screen. Why this isn't for every group, it have no idea -or- 2.) Open up the .dat/.ldr/.mpd (...) (22 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.general)

  Posting Ldraws for Download

How do you post a ldraw file on a website for others to download? (22 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.general)

  Re: City Crane

(...) asking here quite a while back about the traveling block and how it functioned. The 2-part/4-part arrangement is quite clever. I also liked how you have the traveling block winches linked with a clutch. Now, how about a little pre-compression (...) (22 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  ozBricks Fans Websites

Hi everybody. Since a lot of LEGO fans have websites under ozBricks, and most of us don't even know of their existence, I made a website that contains a full list of links to those websites. www.ozbricks.net/links It's divided so far to sectors like (...) (22 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics) !!

  City Crane

Another minifig scale crane using parts from the new "bridge parts" accessory pack. (URL) (awaiting "bridge parts" in red & white 8?) (22 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: SAAB JAS 39 Gripen, step 1 - planning.

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> skrev i meddelandet news:HAnHM3.AA7@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) Buy a Duplo Easter Egg and carefully slice the transparent part in two halves :-) BTW, you should be careful with all that Lego planning, buying (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Where's the Technic?

(...) $199 was probably the MSRP for a case of 2 sets. When looking at prices on that site, always remember to divide by the number of sets in a case (which depends on the size of the set). -- Tim Buchheim (22 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Where's the Technic?

there seems to be a discrepancy in price going on.... unless the price list at (URL) is the wholesale price...i seem to remember the MSRP at that other site (can't remember the name) being $199.00 more than double. just a thought on the differences (...) (22 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Train crane MOC

(...) Thanks for that. I took a look at your solution, then at John Barnes' solution. If I decide to keep the model, I'll most likely try one or the other. That, by the way, is one fine, compact, extention boom you came up with. In the meantime, (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Modified 8458-2 Silver Truck

(...) The connection between trailer and the flat part of the fifth wheel will only rotate around the pin - it is otherwise securely fixed. As Steven pointed out, the fifth wheel itself can tilt forward and back w.r.t the tractor (and can sometimes (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Drill and Hooklift Truck Renders

(...) Thanks! It is good to hear that it resembles a drill in the real world, since it was a collection of features from quite a few. The real danger when building this model in my opinion was that it would end up looking like a ray gun or (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Drill and Hooklift Truck Renders

(...) I had a lot longer to tweak the settings though! (...) It is one of those arty things, the clouds and ground, as they were actually taken from a photo of the real truck. The clouds were added post render as a layer behind the truck, and the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic)

  Re: what is technic, WAS: SAAB JAS 39 Gripen, step 1 - planning.

(...) ugly. hercules is great the only one thing makes it ugly mixed colors (sorry) i know it is always not enough bricks especialy for so big creation but maybe you wouldn't say "it won't happen again. It's ugly" if you could buid grippen having (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: what is technic, WAS: SAAB JAS 39 Gripen, step 1 - planning.

(...) 8448 is NOT Technic-style IMHO, 8880 is though. No panels, no studless beams and no flexi tubing, just bricks! (...) Bionicle sorts under Technic, yes. (...) I prefer Model Team looks with Technic functions and that's where I'm heading with (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Drill and Hooklift Truck Renders

(...) Wow. I don't think I'll try anything too ambitious with my creaky old Powerbook then! (180Mhz, 48MB, and the faster of my computers) Joking aside, those renders are quite superb Jen. The drill was fun to see - my Dad has a blue cordless that (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact