 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1713
Re: Drill and Hooklift Truck Renders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:51:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Miguel Agullo writes:

Sorry for not having answered your private note earlier - I'm on very
limited time these days. These renderings  look ... simply perfect!. I'll
also state the obvious: your drill image looks loads better than my drill >image!

I had a lot longer to tweak the settings though!

PS: On a completely different scale of things, nice job too on the
background and specially the ground of the truck picture.

It is one of those arty things, the clouds and ground, as they were actually
taken from a photo of the real truck. The clouds were added post render as a
layer behind the truck, and the ground was an image map as part of the
render. Getting images maps oriented and lined up properly in POV-Ray seems
to take a lot of time.

Jennifer