 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1712
1711  |  1713
Subject:
LDraw Boxer Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 13:51:36 GMT

I've created a little homepage for LDraw Boxer:
http://home.swipnet.se/simlego/ldraw/ldboxer/ldboxer.htm

In lugnet.cad.ray, Damien Guichard writes:

Clever idea.

Thanks! :o)

I don't know if you are interest by optimization.
I suppose a brick is (xmin,xmax,ymin,ymax,zmin,zmax).
I guess the most efficient data structure is octree.
Octrees can be implmented as binary trees.
On the first level you sort according X.
On the second level you sort according Y.
On the third level you sort according Z.
On the fourth level you sort again according X.

Thus you don't have to test any brick against any other brick.
Identifying brick clutching would be much faster.

Damien

Sounds like a good idea. But first, I make the features I like to have, then
I'll try to optimize it.

/Tore