 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1711
Re: Drill and Hooklift Truck Renders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:46:19 GMT

Jennifer wrote:

There's a reason for that :-) The truck render at 1800x1350 took over two
days on an Athlon XP 2000+ machine, and used over a gigabyte of RAM.

Wow.  I don't think I'll try anything too ambitious with my creaky old
Powerbook then! (180Mhz, 48MB, and the faster of my computers)

Joking aside, those renders are quite superb Jen.  The drill was fun to see
- my Dad has a blue cordless that is eerily similar in shape, even down to
the black clutch selector with notches around it.

Becky