 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1704
Re: Drill and Hooklift Truck Renders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:41:35 GMT

Thanks Paul!

In lugnet.cad.ray, Paul Kleniewski writes:

the only way to be sure it is not a real model is
that studs haven't inscriptions :)

There's a reason for that :-) The truck render at 1800x1350 took over two
days on an Athlon XP 2000+ machine, and used over a gigabyte of RAM. If you
add the stud inscriptions it makes this a lot worse!

The drill took only an hour or so at 1600x1200, including studs, so that
wasn't so bad.

Jennifer