 Technic / *11381 (-20)
  Scissor Rail

Hello, I have uploaded pictures of the oldest moc in my collection. It is another attempt at continuous marble motion. (URL) employs a pneumatic scissor jack that lifts a marble up to the top of a track, then the marble falls back down to the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Bionicle Meets Cat

Bionicle meets the girlfriend's cat. (URL) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) in interesting ways 8?) (URL) if link wraps) ROSCO (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Train crane MOC

(...) Have you thought about using the technique I used in my all terrain crane for elevating the boom? It provides much finer control than pneumatics, and is easily motorised! It probably also slightly less real-estate. See it at (URL) added (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2003 Fire Truck: Complete redesign

(...) Egad! I never thought I hear myself saying this but.... I think I liked the green version better. It's beginning to look like some sort of quasi-monster truck. "Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! Come to the stadium and see 'Torch' the monster fire truck (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Cool!!!!! It's RED!!

I definitely will pick this one up before the 8455 backhoe. Awesome (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.

I've got an updated and now compleded .ldr file of the car. (except that the .ldr model doesn't have any wheels yet...ahh well, just imagine the 8880 wheels on it :) ) It's got a revised gearbox layout that uses one gear less than before, but has (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  2003 Fire Truck: Complete redesign

Look at (URL) compare it to the copy of 8454 you saved when you viewed the pictures on the Marz site. Two things stayed the same: 8 wheels, and it's still a fire truck. Gone is the strange green color, the cabin is different, panelling, steering... (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Modified 8458-2 Silver Truck

Since the Silver Truck always looked like a racing truck to me I'd find it strange to see a tandem axle and a trailer. It would be like towing a caravan behind an Impreza WRC.... Anyway, if it's going to be more about functions than realictic looks (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Update: More Speeds in 8448/8466 Gearbox?

When looking at my 8466 model more closely, I came across the 4 speed 8880 gearbox that I put in front of the 8466 5 speed+R gearbox as a transfer case, making 20 speeds. I considered placing this setup in my 8448 rally car. But I thought that it (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

"Steven lane" <steveroblane@aol.com> wrote in message news:HAEoK5.2FG@lugnet.com... (...) effort (...) Well, I do offcourse have my own creation built from scratch, but I got stuck with that and are now searching for some ideas. So I thought the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Modified 8458-2 Silver Truck

(...) Personally I prefer more realistic Dennis Bosman syle trucks but this effort has merit. (...) Now this bit is right up my street. When wanting to build somthing like this I always like to quantify the requirements of the mechanism. It's (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Modified 8458-2 Silver Truck

I just had to do it some time, and I felt the time was now :) I've just slightly modified the Silver Truck by first exchange almost all grey parts with black parts. And then add an extra set of wheels. Look at this picture: (URL) a bit long URL... (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Little 4x4: Is it true?

(...) I have asked the legomug guys about the car. This is what I got: ---...--- >>Would it be possible to get more information about it? >>How the 4x4 drive was done? Or even may be a LDraw file for it???? This model created by Mr. Hidenori Doi, (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Little 4x4: Is it true?

(...) Nice. But that butterfly is a show winner! Gonna have to try that myself. Best DaveG (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.

(...) Connecting the motors in parallel means they'll get 16volts at about .25amps each. (if their combined electrical resistance is right, which it isn't, which makes the solar panel perform badly...) That's 4 watts per motor, when they're intended (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Little 4x4: Is it true?

(...) I can't figure out the details, but here's a machine translation (you may need to join lines together if the URL wraps): (URL) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Little 4x4: Is it true?

Check this page (warning: it's in Japanese, so... is it anybody over here that can translate all this stuff?) (URL) specially the soccer buses and the 2 vehicles before them Are my eyes wrong? Or I am seeing the smallest 4x4 systen (with steering) (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.

(...) Well, I can't argue with that... But in your application, going from a motor with 30% efficiency to one with 54% efficiency will help a lot. You will also gain some efficiency by simplifying your gearing since the new motors are already geared (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: what else could be done

Great ideas you've got there. Here's another one: 16 tooth crown gear. (22 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact