 Technic / 9282
Update: More Speeds in 8448/8466 Gearbox?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 19:03:20 GMT

When looking at my 8466 model more closely, I came across the 4 speed 8880
gearbox that I put in front of the 8466 5 speed+R gearbox as a transfer
case, making 20 speeds. I considered placing this setup in my 8448 rally
car. But I thought that it would be too unrealistic. So I am still testing
the 6 or 7 speed+R design. I would hope that someone has tried this before
and would post an Ldraw file or pictoral instructions. I do not really care
how wide it is compared to the normal 8448/8466, but preferably within 3 or
4 studs wider. My current design is 7 studs wider than the normal 8448/8466
- this is not bad if I wanted to make my rally car to that scale, but I want
to make it about normal width of 8448. Thanks to anyone who can provide
help, suggestions, or pictures/Ldraw files.