 Technic / *11341 (-20)
  Re: Helicopter rotor in 8856... unrealistic?

(...) It has already been made by Lego in 1977, 852 Reconnoitre Helicopter. Wonder why they did not do that later on also? /Pehter (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Helicopter rotor in 8856... unrealistic?

(...) move forwards backwards or sideways. If you tilt the rotor (as is done in these sets) the only thing that happens is that the fusalage of the helecoptor tilts. In a real helecoptor the blades's pitch varies as it rotates around the hub. The (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.

(...) If I want to keep all the features (4wd, gearbox, suspension), which I do, the chassis can't be very much lighter than it is now. Besides, that's just not the direction I want to go. Thing is, I really want to use a better motor. The lego (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) Thanks. I wish I had the 851/952 tractor to pull, would have been more right in style. The 8859 has to much of an modern tractor to look right. /Pehter (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.

"Gillish" <gillish@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message news:HA920E.E7y@lugnet.com... The lego motor is thinking of going on a strike or even dying (...) heavily. (...) I think it is time to consider a lighter chassis. Your project is getting rather (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Centrifugal clutch?

Has anyone made a centrifugal clutch from Lego bricks? Searching Google, lugnet news, and brickshelf didn't turn up anything. I found a Meccano one here: (URL) motorizing a monorail switch (which was surprisingly easy), but I'd like to disengage the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.

With the sun getting ever stronger as the season progresses, the solar panel now gives close to 9 watts at 2 in the afternoon, and I suspect this will go even higher... The lego motor is thinking of going on a strike or even dying though...It (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr 954 tracked excavator

I recently built a R904 wheeled excavator. Yes, it's a small one if you put it net to the R974 or Evert's R954. The reason it built that one is because I wanted a small machine to load it on the drawbar trailer behind the 6x6 man. (URL) haven't put (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) Cool! So when will we see outside photos of yours? I suppose it's still some snow even in Motala? Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pulley drive

(...) If you don't put a motor in it it would be the car that's driving the engine thus the amount of bricks does not matter. This question can't be answered 'cause all the facts were not given, i.e. what type of rubber band, what pulleys, what (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Helicopter rotor in 8856... unrealistic?

(...) Hi Stephane, That is similar to the rotor in (URL) - and no, it is not how real rotors generally work. Here's another page with a lot of great info about how helicopters work: (URL) could probably model a more realistic swash plate with those (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) Modelteam and Technic. It's refreshing to see something like this, it reminds me of classic sets of long ago. -TJ www.texbrick.com (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se)

  Helicopter rotor in 8856... unrealistic?

Hi all, If any of you have seen the 8856's rotor, the whole thing is tilted by use of the flex system. But from what I've read from the net (and a coworker who claims to know about real helicopters), it doesn't work that way at all. Since english is (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

Hey Look at this picture: (URL) then this: (URL) last picture is just an proto type! Look at alle the wrong colors, the "old style" off valves, the back grab is "naked" there are missing some "styling"... There is missing one pneumatic pumps, and it (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) Perhaps not right now. (...) This model has no tilting bucket: (URL) the arm can be switched, I saw some pictures with a snowbucket attached to an arm. (URL) pictures 400k) /Pehter (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Pulley drive

Maybe it's a stupid question, but I have to make it. I've been working on my neverending sports car using no specialized parts (u-joints, Lego differentials, special suspension and gearbox parts, etc) (so I have to use my own built-up diff)... The (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) In fact I think there is one about 15 minutes driving from home, perhaps time to extend the pipeline even further :) However, I think you should have incorporated the bucket tilting into your model. If you look at the real Åkerman it has a (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) I know I did one in LEGO when I was a kid [1] that I showed at school - about grade 4 or 5 I think. Keep up the good work! ROSCO [1] I wish someone had thought to photograph some of the models I made when I was a kid... (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Cool stuff at Lego Outlet

(...) What a great example of an oxymoron :-) Steve (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Supercar Gearboxes

You can download the whole 8448 from this link: (URL) 'tear it apart' on the screen. I know there is also a DAT file of the 8880 somewhere on the net, try searching for "8880" + "dat" in the Technic news, I think that's where I got it from. Regards, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact