 Technic / 9242
Re: Pulley drive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 07:00:52 GMT

The "maybe-a-stupid" question is:
Is a rubberband good enough for driving a 600-piece car with 3 speeds and
all wheel suspension without causing too much tension (and cracking pieces)?
Should I use single or double rubberbands? Or are there better ways for
driving the car(apart of using the official diff, which I don't have)?

The rubberband would be attached to a pulley that is part of the diff, and
the car won't be motorized (I don't have any 9V motor).

If you don't put a motor in it it would be the car that's driving the engine
thus the amount of bricks does not matter.

This question can't be answered 'cause all the facts were not given, i.e. what
type of rubber band, what pulleys, what reductions, how much friction is there
in the drivetrain etc..

The only good answer is; experiment! :)

Best regards,
/Tobbe