 Storage / 503
502  |  504
Subject:
More Heat Testing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 22:17:20 GMT

OK,

so I bought an oven thermometer today which is more accurate than my
guessing with the knobs on my stove/oven.

Using the oven, I warmed up a few 2x4 blue bricks (one single and a pair
joined by 8 studs).

I warmed them to between 140-150F (the thermometer was fluctuating a
bit).

The bricks did not distort, warp, burn, or anything.

I will test a few more times, but this relieves me greatly and adds more
evidence to the various testimonials that storing LEGO in a typcial
attic (i.e. one not located in the Sahara) will not ruin the bricks.

Still, I am not encouraging anyone to do this... do so at your own risk,
blah, blah...

eric

soon: freezer testing?

Eric Harshbarger / eric@ericharshbarger.org / www.ericharshbarger.org

"Oh please, if people are going to start telling the truth around
here... I'm going to bed." - Jackie-O (Parker Posey, THE HOUSE OF YES)