 Storage / 469
Re: A great cleaning method for lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 22:33:16 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Tobias Möller writes:
Do you have a big lego model, that´s covered with dust between the studs?
then, you need a toothbrush! A toothbrush is great! Remember, angle the
brush, use soft, gentle brushes. It´s like brushing your own teeth. It´s a
pretty slow method, but it works great. No water required.

--Tobias

No, the Lag Demons haven't eaten this response - I'm just getting around to
reading the message.

The pride and joy of my Pirate fleet arrived aleady built but dusty as can be.
Having other ships to reconstruct, I didn't want to take the time to take apart
the Black Seas Barracuda and put it back together just yet.  How to get off
that dust in a reasonable amount of time?

I dust interiors of computers with compressed air, so I lugged out my
compressor and air brush (Iwata HPC) and blasted away.  The results aren't as
good as a good soak of the parts would be, but at least it's presentable and
fairly quick to do.  Canned air will probably do a better job (higher pressure)
but this was essentially free for me.

Bruce

Bruce