 Storage / 384
  A great cleaning method for lego

Do you have a big lego model, that´s covered with dust between the studs? then, you need a toothbrush! A toothbrush is great! Remember, angle the brush, use soft, gentle brushes. It´s like brushing your own teeth. It´s a pretty slow method, but it (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) I've found that an excellent cleaning method is to soak them in Bizz detergent (by far the best detergent...it can get things out that better-known brands can't touch) for a couple of hours, then scrub them with a toothbrush, and rinse in a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) Toothbrushes can leave noticeable scratches on the surface of like-new bricks. "Static dusters" (as seen on TV! (tm)) work much better: no scratching, they can be used wet or dry, and they can cover a lot more area quickly. Steve (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) What is a static duster? Where do you buy them? Steve Martin (57) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) You mean the stuff like Swiffer? Jeff (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) I've found that a children's soft bristle toothbrush (which is softer than a soft adult's) doesn't leave scratch marks. It does take some time and is better when wet. Wayne (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

I think he is talking about those wands that look like rainbow colored fuzzy cat tails. You run them across the screen on your television which charges the bristles (static electricity). They pick up dust pretty good. -Nick Steve Martin wrote in (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) rinse (...) that's my method (only i'm not particular about the detergent brand.. i typically use liquid woolite... gentle, ya know) and scrub them (gently!) with the softest, largest oral-b you can buy J (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) I find that letting them soak for three weeks in soapy water will do it too. :) And you don't even have to scrub! :) Jeff P.S. Found this out by accident. I didn't have time to rinse and dry the pieces, so I just left them in the water. ;) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) In the commercial, they show the person using this magic wand to clean her computer keyboard. Are these static brushes safe for such use? If so, I've got to get one! Dave! (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) This is my method of cleaning also. Also does a decent job with smoke smell. One big warning though: don't leave the clear plastics flags and sails (like the Ninja flags or the sailboard sails) in for long periods of time. They are made in two (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) Try an IKEA store if you have one near you... great store! I think they have these plastic static dusters for like 1.99 or so... (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) They (can) look much like a traditional feather duster, only the "feathers" are very fine plastic filaments. For some reason they seem to come in bright colors (mine are bright green). I got a three pack at Target for around $9, I think. I'd (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) No, the Lag Demons haven't eaten this response - I'm just getting around to reading the message. The pride and joy of my Pirate fleet arrived aleady built but dusty as can be. Having other ships to reconstruct, I didn't want to take the time (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)