 Storage / 328
    Good lightweight shelving for display? —Jason Spangler
   Does anyone know of good, lightweight shelving that works well for displaying assembled sets (and possibly boxes and directions)? I'm rebuilding old sets from my childhood and from someone's collection I bought, and I'd like to set them out for view (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: Good lightweight shelving for display? —Kevin Wilson
   (...) I use the IVAR series from IKEA. They are cheap, you can finish them or not, as you like, easy to assemble, disassemble, change configaration and move, and they are very strong - I have some in my living room holding the hardback book (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: Good lightweight shelving for display? —Larry Pieniazek
   Call me a ditto head. I've had Ivar for 5 years and just keep getting more. One thing I did that I wish I hadn't... I used a very nice stain, but then did not put a wear surface shellac on it... now the stain shows the original pine through where it (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: Good lightweight shelving for display? —Jason Spangler
     Thanks for the info Kevin and Larry! They look just about perfect for my needs. Any opinions on the narrow vs. wide shelves? I'm thinking narrow shelves would be good for most things, while the wide shelves would be good for large sets (bases, etc). (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.storage)

         Re: Good lightweight shelving for display? —Susan Hoover
     (...) Your message was a couple months ago, but if you have called IKEA, you will have probably already found out that IKEA does have a store in Texas. It's in Houston on I-10 at the Antoine exit, just west of the West Loop (I-610). In other words, (...) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.storage)

         Re: Good lightweight shelving for display? —Mike Stanley
      (...) Not exactly Lego related, but I'm getting a new 36" TV for my birthday and I was thinking of maybe buying that TV cart/stand they sell to hold me over while I work on a plan to build my own - wonder if it would support the weight of the tv (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage)

         Re: Good lightweight shelving for display? —Jason Spangler
     (...) Yeah, I discovered this a few weeks after posting that message. I think the web site didn't list the Houston store when I looked (or I totally missed it), but the catalog they mailed me did list the Houston store. My wife and I are thinking of (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage)

         Re: Good lightweight shelving for display? —Jason Spangler
     (...) We went to IKEA last Saturday to buy lots of IVAR shelving and some other furniture. We bought all of the other furniture, but they were out of most of the IVAR shelving, arg! Guess I'll have to do another 7 hours of driving in a few weeks. (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

         Re: Good lightweight shelving for display? —Jason Spangler
      (...) I finally got back to IKEA about a week ago. They had just enough IVAR shelving in stock in the size I wanted (7 foot tall, deep shelves), so I bought several hundred dollars worth of it. Oops. And I am very happy with the IVAR! My Lego room (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.storage)

         Re: Good lightweight shelving for display? —Frank Filz
     (...) Boy, that must have been a pretty empty store... :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) (isn't English fun... this is a good example of why computer understanding of language is a REAL difficult chore) FUT: lugnet.off-topic.fun (23 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: Good lightweight shelving for display? —Frank Filz
   (...) gone, but it doesn't matter. If you don't have a recent browser, you get this friendly message: (...) Not even any contact information. For what it's worth now, the URL for IVAE is: (URL) what a friendly URL... Sometimes I wonder if companies (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.off-topic.geek)