 Storage / 201
Re: Workbench Design Idea -- Build it yourself
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 18:32:37 GMT

I have now taken this design one step further and designed a hutch for the
desk.  That will give me a place to store my instructions and pieces I don't
use that often.  I have been able to stick with the same design idea (no
fasteners) and have managed to make the pattern fit on a 4 X 8 board like the
original desk.  It all looks good on the computer, but I will have to see how
it turns out in real life, which won't be for a while yet.  I'll post my
impression of it when I can get it built.

Duane

Robert Wallace writes:
I just posted this as a reply in an earlier thread, but thought it
might be interesting enough (and more visible) as a new topic.

I have a design (not my own) for a really neat workbench that just may
be perfect for Lego projects.  It's easy to build and only requires a single
sheet of 4' X 8' X 3/4" plywood -- no glue or nails.

I just put the pictures and instructions on my web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/6799/

Scroll down to the bottom and click on the little workbench thumbnail.

Hope this is helpful.

Robert Wallace
robertw@netcom.com