 Storage / 189
Re: Workbench Design Idea -- Build it yourself
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 20:07:46 GMT

Robert Wallace wrote:

Hope this is helpful.

I'll say! I may just have to take a sabre saw, a tape measure and 2 C
clamps out to CO! (1)

Unfortunately the title you got this from appears to be out of print.
Here's a URL to Amazon showing it anyway. Now where's that used book
store I found a garland of ibids in??

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/generic-quicksearch-query/002-7070649-3901657

1 - all of which will fit in carryon... then go to a lumberyard, buy the
straightest 1x4 you can find for a rip guide, one sheet of plywood, use
the C clamps to hold your rip guide in place to draw the cut lines,
measure the offset to cut, and your sabre saw will (albeit slowly) do
fine to make all the cuts you need to make. Cut slowly and stop to let
the blade cool every so often.

I haven't priced plywood lately but this seems like a 30-40 dollar
project. For me, I could leave it behind and not feel bad but I bet it
fits (knocked down) in a trunk, or very close anyway.

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.