 Storage / 1610
Re: Official LEGO storage boxes? For more than a hundred bucks each?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2007 18:12:36 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Matthew Crandall wrote:
   And made from wood (or a wood-like substance), which is not a LEGO usual feature.

What’s so unusual about it? The Billund LEGOLAND park still reportedly sells the same wooden letter blocks that have been made by The LEGO Company since before they got into plastics.

   I wouldn’t buy them for my kids (if I had them), but I might consider them if I were single and LEGO was my job (Think like that artist chap that has a need for a studio’s worth of storage). I might also consider them if I were filthy rich and wanted my kids to have a LEGO room. Otherwise, I agree--they are a tad steep for my taste.

I might eventually buy the table and stool, just for the novelty of it all, but as cool as the stacking bins are...they’re too expensive to do large-scale storage with, and too cool to just get one or two, unless you’ve got cash bleeding out of your pockets in need of something to be spent on.