 Marketplace / Shopping / 12792
Re: Official LEGO storage boxes? For more than a hundred bucks each?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2007 00:53:54 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Jordan Schwarz wrote: snip

This is a bit of an old thread, but I thought I’d add one more thought here: I ordered two of the toy boxes ($30 each, discounted from $150 each) during the recent clearance sale, and they arrived yesterday. The most remarkable thing about them to me is how much the boxes weigh (I’m estimating 40lbs each). The shipping cost must be astronomical! Perhaps the initial LEGO pricing scheme was designed to help recover the added cost of shipping. The boxes look nice, but the whole “LEGO Furniture” concept sure seems like a marketing faux pas by someone at the LEGO Company.

-Jordan

I happened to look on the other Lego.com shops at various places in the EU. In France the storage boxes were selling for 16.99 euros, a discount of 90% off, which seems to be even more than they were discounted in the US. This morning they were still for sale; as I write this evening, there are none to be found in Italy, Germany, or France. Go figure.

Rafe