 Storage / 1508
    Sorting Bley and Chocolate Brown —Mark Bellis
   Given that the bleys and chocolate brown are here to stay, what is the best way to sort them into a large collection, whilst still maintaining the ability to distinguish light bley from light grey? I currently sort by type, since up to now it has (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.color)

        Re: Sorting Bley and Chocolate Brown —Elroy Davis
     (...) I just toss them in with my other greys and browns. They are pretty easy to spot once I start building. -Elroy (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.storage)

         Re: Sorting Bley and Chocolate Brown —Jindrich Kubec
     (...) I agree with DkStone<->DkGray and RedBrown<->Brown cases. But I can't make a difference between MdStone and Gray without some serious staring. But I still have them mixed, because I have the parts sorted only by type, I don't have enough space (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: Sorting Bley and Chocolate Brown —Ray Sanders
     (...) The newer 'Stone' colors tend to have a more obvious blue component, while the older classic shades of gray tend more towards a yellow shift. For the browns, the original shade is the darker of the two. The new shade of brown has more red. I (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.storage, FTX)

        Re: Sorting Bley and Chocolate Brown —Olof Dahlberg
     (...) Hi there, good question! I have most of my parts sorted by type and then also by colour for the most common types. I have most of it (what is not kept in the original box, of course) in storage boxes with many (four types: 13, 17, 15-23 or (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.storage, FTX)

        Re: Sorting Bley and Chocolate Brown —Ross Crawford
     (...) I too mix all my greys. Having a mostly technic collection, I don't have much new brown, but it will be mixed in too. I have already built MOCs that mix the greys, and have no problem with it. If I build something that just has to be (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.storage)

         Re: Sorting Bley and Chocolate Brown —John Barnes
     (...) Me too! Light grey is light grey. Occasionally a new color piece really stands out so I simply discard it back into the tub and grab for another. My collection is still mainly old, so that procedure works well. The only real problem is my (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.storage)

         Re: Sorting Bley and Chocolate Brown —Mark Bellis
     (...) It's because of shows that I'm more strict with colours. I've been working on the track bed of my railway layout, using lots of packs of grey plates. It wouldn't look right with bley or dark bley ballast. Besides that, the old grey track (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: Sorting Bley and Chocolate Brown —Thomas Stangl
     What little I have I place in Ziplocs and label "new lt grey, new dk grey, new brown". Of course, I'll be selling most of it off. I tend to sort by part, then by color anyways, so it only adds at most another 3 Ziplocs to a drawer or larger Ziploc. (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: Sorting Bley and Chocolate Brown —Joshua Opotzner
   Very old topic I know, but here're my comments. Initially I was stumped as to what to do with the new colors. It didn't make sense to segregate them totally from the rest of the collection, but I also didn't want to mix together brick colors that (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jul-05, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: Sorting Bley and Chocolate Brown —Rafe Donahue
    (...) I, too, sort by shape and have given the new colors the same treatment as any other color. My big problem comes in quickly identifying the two close colors. A large pile of new greys looks different to me from a large pile of old greys but (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jul-05, to lugnet.storage)