 Storage / 1550
Re: Sorting Bley and Chocolate Brown
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:22:01 GMT

Joshua Opotzner wrote:

Very old topic I know, but here're my comments.

Initially I was stumped as to what to do with the new colors.  It didn't make
sense to segregate them totally from the rest of the collection, but I also
didn't want to mix together brick colors that were in actuality different.  I
ended up giving them the exact same treatment as the rest of the collection, and
it works well enough; they're assimilated in by type, just like any other part,
except for bricks, which get their own color container.

I, too, sort by shape and have given the new colors the same treatment
as any other
color.  My big problem comes in quickly identifying the two close
colors.  A large pile of new greys looks different to me from a large
pile of old greys but one-on-one, I find it hard to tell.  My lighting
isn't fantastic but this really makes use of either new or old difficult
and makes me use mostly other colors.  (Of course, my red-green
colorblindness doesn't help.)

I would love to have some sort of "filter" that would make the two light
greys (and same with two dark greys and two browns) appear vastly
different.  I imagine a colored clear plastic thing that I put between
my eyes and the bricks in question and they appear really different.  My
guess is that someone who knows some things about spectra could tell us
where the new and old colors differ and how such a device could be
constructed.

Any takers?

Rafe
rafedonanhue AT earthlink DOT net