 Storage / 1356
Re: NELUG's Trailer to Store and Transport our Club Brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:20:12 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Ralph Hempel wrote:
The big problem is all the models.  We have several buildings that are currently
sitting on shelves, and no mere bungy cord is going to keep them in one piece.
We need to somehow pad the models or wrap them in Saran Wrap to hold them
together.  Probably our best bet will be to get a cardboard box that is large
enough to hold each model, and stack them on the shelves with bungies to hold
them in place.

I've got two words for you: expanding foam. Make sure you get low expandsion foam so
that it doesn't blow the models up! Cover the models in Saram Wrap and then spray
the foam on in THIN layers.

You'll get a nice form-fitting pillow for the models.

Excellent idea!  I've seen this technique used for packing computer equipment.

Nice trailer!  You gonna put a big logo on it?

We've been talking about that, but we haven't made a firm decision yet as to
what we're doing there.  But the trailer is so big and shiny and white that it
is screaming out for a full-color decal or a decent air-brush job.

And then it's a target for every would be thief in the area. Ever wonder why you
never see a big trailer with CAMEL cigarettes or LEVI'S on the side? So that it
doesn't get hijacked.

Leave the trailer plain old white. It's less conspicuous. Spend the money
on signage for the show.

Good point.  Maybe we should paint it to say "The New England Brussel Sprout
Lovers' Association" or something less inviting.  Then we wouldn't even have to
lock it up!

- Chris.