 Storage / 1353
Re: NELUG's Trailer to Store and Transport our Club Brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:01:22 GMT

In lugnet.storage, James Trobaugh wrote:
   In lugnet.storage, Chris Phillips wrote:
   I don’t know if this has been announced here on LUGNET, but NELUG, http://www.nelug.org/ recently purchased a new trailer to store and transport our LEGO collection and train tables.

What is the size of the trailer? How many tables are you carrying in the trailer? From the pictures it doesn’t look like you have all that many in there. With the tables on one side and the shelves on the other, have you noticed any issues with the trailer being off balance when it’s traveling? With the NGLTC trailer I have been packing it in such a way that the weight is equal on both sides so I’ve tried to keep the contents pretty symetrical.

I believe that the trailer’s interior is something like 6 feet wide and 10 feet long, but I’m not 100% sure about that. I think I also heard that it is rated to carry 2,000 lbs, which would be an awful lot of brick.

The club owns about 16 train tables that are 128 studs square and 2 half-width tables. I think possibly two of the tables are still at a member’s house, and so are not in the pictures. We didn’t make any particular effort to balance the load, but we haven’t moved it fully-loaded yet. If handling turns out to be an issue, we’ll probably have to address that. For our upcoming train show, we plan to take back roads all the way there, since it is not far.

   I like the “eztrack” where did you get that from? Is EZtrack the real name of the product?

As you point out, it is actually called E-Track. This steel strip provides a solid anchor for special spring-loaded hooks that can be used to tie cargo to the walls of the trailer. Pretty neat stuff, to be sure.

- Chris.