 Storage / 1092
Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Moly ! !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 04:29:22 GMT

Mark wrote:

I wonder how hard it would be to get some of those trays that come at a bead
store.  Ever been to one?  I go with my wife occasionally.  People get all
these beads in little trays, roughly a foot sqare with different sized
compartments (rounded bottoms, remember beads are hard to get a hold of).
If I recall correctly trays come in a variety of sizes as well.  Hmmmmm,
time to head off to alexander beads methinks.

I've thought about checking those out. I have a feeling they would be
too small to be useful. The ideal sorting tray is about 12"x18" and 2"
deep, divided into 6-25 compartments. For some stuff, a larger tray,
15"x25" and 4" deep with 6-10 compartments is valuable.

The key to efficient sorting is lots of compartments, and regularity is
good. My "small plates" tray, a 24 compartment Advent Calendar tray, can
be used almost without sight since I've trained my hands to know which
bin is which - this tray has compartments for almost every small special
plate and tile (though the ones which still go in 3700 Plano boxes all
go into one compartment).

FUT: lugnet.storage

Frank