 Storage / 1026
Re: Storage thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 15:54:23 GMT

I moved about a month ago & have a lot less space where I'm at now. I just
re sorted my lego & have a great system that works for me now. My main goal
is to keep my collection under control. Do I really need 100 green 1x2
plates right now? Thats what I ask myself. I do try to take advantage of 75%
off sales etc. but I immediately try to sell or trade the undesireable parts.

I just bought 4 cabinets with clear drawers (some have 18 drawers & some
have 48). I set these up on the 'wall side' of a folding table & keep my
larger qtys (mostly bricks & 4xn & up plates) in tubs underneath the table.
I don't typically use blue, yellow or many green bricks so I keep a bare
minimum of them on hand. (50 of each size ???) & one tub of red, grays, tan
etc. is fine right now.
I use the exposed area of the table to build on, all my bricks are right
there & smaller elements are in the clear drawers right in front of me. It
is really conducive to my building habits.

Again, the key for me, is keeping the size of my collection under control.
Thankfully I don't have the desire to 'collect', but rather to 'build'.

Jonathan