 Storage / *460 (-20)
  Re: Lego storage with good availability in the UK

David, Plan for exponential growth in your collection. Make sure that what ever storage method you use can be expanded. I lost track of the amount of times I've had to re-think my policy. It now seems crazy that I once thought acquiring the lego (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Lego storage with good availability in the UK

Focus/Do It All have some flat boxes, unfortunately you will probably need a number of them as they only have approx 15 compartments. I got all my mindstorms/technic in three and a small tool box. The are also a bit pricey but worth looking at. Tony (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.storage)

  Lego storage with good availability in the UK

Cross posted to lugnet.storage and lugnet.loc.uk I am looking for a storage solution which is readily available in the UK which is similar to the plano tackle much endorsed by our US lugnuts i.e the flat tackle boxes with the adjustable dividers (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storing bricks at low temperatures

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, John Neal (<3886C3EE.DC3BA722@...west.net>) wrote at 08:15:01 (...) Cool! (literally :-) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storing bricks at low temperatures

I once posed this question to Consumer Affairs. They told me that not even is LEGO fine in cold weather, but that refrigerators are made of the same material as LEGO bricks. That's what they said... YMMV< John (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage needed

mnementh@nacs.net (Troy Cefaratti) wrote in <FoLC5F.BAq@lugnet.com>: (...) I use a bookshelf for mine. Each shelf conveniently holds 2 stacks of five next to each other. A cabinet like you're talking about would be great as well. One hint with these (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage needed

(...) I have a ton of these as well. Almost all of my Lego is in these, and they work great for me. (Some stuff is just to big to fit in them, and some stuff, like standard bricks and plates, I just have too many of to put in them) I'm thinking of (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage needed

I use Sterlite (sp?) containers (very similar to Rubbermaid). I have ten shoebox size containers for various specialty pieces (and use 25th Anniversary tubs for my basic bricks). Like Rubbermaid, Sterlite containers are transparent, they stack well, (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Color Frequency? (oops)

Tough to say -- my older stuff is in pieces, while my post-Dark Age stuff is mostly built. In my bins, consisting mostly of old castle and space, I have the following frequencies: 1. black 2. grey 3. white 4. blue 5. yellow 6. red 7. green 8. other (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage needed

I myself use simple Rubbermaid storage containers. They come in several sizes, I use one of the medium sizes. They are shallow enough to be easy to look though, they stack well, and the lids are snug but not hard to get on or off. The container is (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: IKEA storage boxes

(...) I've got some of these MOPPE things too- they work quite well for storing parts but are a little stiff as it's a case of 'wood against wood'. Not Ideal! Mine are quite new but I suspect that the bare wood finish will begin to look a little (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: LEGO box

(Crossposted to lugnet.build because this is more about building vs. collecting than storage issues.) (...) I take care of inventorying the sets I've bought by cutting the UPC bar code (which contains the set number) from the box before I flatten (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build)

  Re: LEGO box

Selçuk wrote in message ... (...) sized (...) Now I wonder how many people have been embarassed by storing their "adult" toys (nudge nudge, wink wink) in LEGO (or any other "kids" toy) boxes? (and having a visiting child discover them "um, er, um, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.storage)

  Re: LEGO box

May I suggest trimmming the followups down to just storage at this point? I'd say we're off topic for most of the rest of the groups. (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

As it is now, all my sets are in their respective boxes, piled up in my closet at my apartment. Lack of room to set up my town being the main reason. Once I do get the room I will set up my town again and probably just pile the empty boxes (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

Bram Lambrecht <braml@juno.com> wrote in message news:20000117.150709...uno.com... (...) That's the trick..:-) I live in an apartment flat with a living room plus two other rooms. One is used as our bedroom, and other one (10m2 approx.) is used for (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: LEGO box

Z <leahy@concentric.net> wrote in message news:FoHy7y.Ivz@lugnet.com... (...) odd (...) like (...) pieces (...) are (...) I use my bricks for building, and I never put any set aside from the other pile of bricks and I only use 3-4 of the bigger (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

(...) Sometimes I do capitalize it, and, yes, resistance is futlile. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Blue 6 compartment Case, Red 9 Compartment Case

I purchased 4 copies of a K-Mart Value Pack a while ago that had a 9 compartment storage case. I know they had a blue 6 compartment case set a while back as well. Does anybody know what sets have these cases? I am wanting to get about 64 or so of (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.general, lugnet.basic)

  Re: LEGO box

Frank, You have the right idea! I keep everything as well. Except for the old plastic bags. I originally did it just to keep track of the sets I had but now I use them to prove to people that I really do have the sets I say I have even if they're (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact