 Storage / *1245 (-20)
  Re: Storage

(...) tub-stacking problem as well. Nice job! I think the hand-crafted vs. pre-fab decision probably comes down to that classic duality -- time vs. money. The shelves I built cost me about $30 for supplies and about 2 hours for planning and (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Storage

Now, if only I had enough Lego to make a set of selves like that necessary! Oh, maybe one day... (dreaming... still dreaming... ok, I am back) I also found it quite funny, looking at pictures of 'Shelving for Bricks' hosted by 'BrickShelf.com' (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Storage

(...) Yea, that looks really compact. In fact, it looks more compact that the custom built wood shelves people have been showing (since you get 3 tubs to a shelf, with very little space between them). My biggest complaint about shelving systems is (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Storage -- Bucket Rack

(...) I'm flattered (...) The rack doesn't need them it is plenty stable w/out them. I will take them off eventually to build another rack. (...) I pealed the sticker off for no reason. (...) mark IndyLUG (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage

(...) This whole thread has been pretty fascinating, seeing shelving built out of wood. For those of us without the carpentry skills to build such things (yes, I know they're pretty simple) you could always go the route I took. I bought a bunch of (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Storage -- Bucket Rack

(...) Mark, Pardon the expression, but Nice Rack! A couple questions for you: I notice that you and Tom used cross-braces at both the top and bottom of each bin slot. It seems to me that the ones at the bottom of the bin are unnecessary. Did you (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) ... When I want to build on the floor, I use a 'BackJack': (URL) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage -- Bucket Rack

(...) Here is the rack I created (URL) used 1x3's because thats what I had. I love being able to get the bottom bucket out with out moving the whole stack. mark IndyLUG (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) Interesting. I build either at barstool height or standing up. I have always liked working at that height. My workstations at work have (until now) always been at barstool height. I have a digital recording studio in my apartment and that is (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

When I was a child, we had a great finished basement. One room in the basement had a tile floor and an extremely sturdy ping pong table. I used to crawl up on the ping pong table and build my town and space layouts on that. (Of course, there was a (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:H6y114.9w4@lugnet.com... (...) front of (...) in one (...) third (...) room (...) head (...) Don't you just love office furniture :-) A loooooong time ago (20+ yrs.) my dad brought home an (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) I have a $200 office chair bought to be able to sit for hours comfy in front of the computer. It has good back support, arm wrests, lot's of adjustng abilities, swivel and wheels. I have my tables set up in a U-like manner in one of our two (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

True! That dredded "krrrrkkk" sound. (...) e www.mylegomaster.com (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

I cannot build on the floor because I cannot sit on the floor for more than about 2 minutes without getting a backache... (...) I have to agree, a chair with casters is a good thing. Mine isn't leather but it rolls. The downside of course is that (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

Oh you gotta go with a Rolly Leather Office Chair. If you can pick one up from an office supply store for cheap, go for it. When you drop a piece, just wack the side handle and "shhhhhhhp" you lower yourself to the floor to pick it up. Then glide (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) I had a sort of revelation a few weeks ago after finishing construction of my LEGO building table. I'm not too proud to admit that I'd had enough of sitting on the floor to build and was ready to give in and use a chair. For the time being I'm (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) Good question... but why restict to "sit"? :-) I tend to take the most awkward positions when building, as my parents have noticed. Usually I restrict to sitting on the floor like most people do (doh!), but numerous times I have leaned myself (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  What do you sit on when you build?

What do you sit on when you build? We recently moved into a place that has hardwood floors, and now that I have space to start building again, I find that my feet get really sore if I sit cross-legged too long. (Big surprise, huh?) I used a (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage -- Bucket Rack

(...) I liked Tom's bin rack idea, but it was the stacks of _buckets_ that I kept tipping over. So I built a rack to hold them. The rack holds a total of 24 buckets, each of which can be slid into its own cubby without disturbing any of the others (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Storage

(...) Tom, If you don't mind could you supply some more measurements and any other information that would be helpfull in building one. Thanks Mark IndyLUG (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact