 Star Wars / 976
Re: Episode 1 SW add in catalog: am I missing something?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 00:00:26 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Terry Keller writes:
On Sat, 27 Mar 1999 18:46:25 GMT, "Brent Curtis" <bxu@zerg.com> wrote:

I've got it. Lucas is trying to coin a new phrase with the Star Wars movie • and
its hype. They're trying to introduce "wizard" as a term that we're all
supposed to use in conversation.

You might be right.  It will interesting to see if it catches on.  Personally,
I think it sounds dorky.
The Beatles tried this once - there phrase was "Gear".  Sort of synomynous • with
"Cool".   Obviously, even the Beatles couldn't make it catch on.

Hehehe, true, but then, is it any less dorky than "Hip" or my all time
favorite rediculous slang expression: "Word!"

--Karim