 Star Wars / 969
Re: Episode 1 SW add in catalog: am I missing something?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 18:46:25 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Karim Nassar writes:
In the 1999 full catalog, there is a page that is advertising the Episode One
movies and sets coming out in summer...

This add includes the phrase: "It's So Wizard!"

Am I missing something?  I thought I was at least as up with the times as any
mainstream marketing company... Is this a common phrase?  Is it a line from • the
movies?  What?  And what in the world does it mean?

My first thought on this is that it might be an artifact of translation... but
1) I would think any ads regarding SW would originate in America, and 2) I
wouldn't think that such a horrible error could slip through...

Would sombody set me straight?

--Karim

I've got it. Lucas is trying to coin a new phrase with the Star Wars movie and
its hype. They're trying to introduce "wizard" as a term that we're all
supposed to use in conversation. For example, "did you try that new Greek
restaurant? Their baklava is just wizard!" Or, "have you seen the new
Corvettes? Man, those things are wizard-cool." Or I could be completely wrong.
Odds are in favor of it, in fact.
Do or do not, there is no wizard,
Brent