 Star Wars / 966
  Episode 1 SW add in catalog: am I missing something?

In the 1999 full catalog, there is a page that is advertising the Episode One movies and sets coming out in summer... This add includes the phrase: "It's So Wizard!" Am I missing something? I thought I was at least as up with the times as any (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode 1 SW add in catalog: am I missing something?

(...) the (...) My first thought was a mis-translation, as well, but I've heard the phrase mentioned on one of the Star Wars toy sites, (URL) in reference to a new poster. So there's something there, I just have no idea what it is. This probably (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode 1 SW add in catalog: am I missing something?

(...) the (...) I've got it. Lucas is trying to coin a new phrase with the Star Wars movie and its hype. They're trying to introduce "wizard" as a term that we're all supposed to use in conversation. For example, "did you try that new Greek (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode 1 SW add in catalog: am I missing something?

The deal is that Anakin says the phrase at least twice in the movie. Lucas is a weirdo! Pat J (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode 1 SW add in catalog: am I missing something?

On Sat, 27 Mar 1999 03:21:37 GMT, Brent Curtis uttered the following profundities... (...) There was a debate about this very expression, either here or on RTL. It is uttered by Anakin in the Episode 1 film. Means "wicked", or "cool". (25 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode 1 SW add in catalog: am I missing something?

(...) You might be right. It will interesting to see if it catches on. Personally, I think it sounds dorky. The Beatles tried this once - there phrase was "Gear". Sort of synomynous with "Cool". Obviously, even the Beatles couldn't make it catch on. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode 1 SW add in catalog: am I missing something?

(...) and (...) with (...) Hehehe, true, but then, is it any less dorky than "Hip" or my all time favorite rediculous slang expression: "Word!" --Karim (25 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode 1 SW add in catalog: am I missing something?

(...) Stupid slang expressions. This could evolve into a mega-thread. Hip is medium dorky - the variant of "Hep Cat" was worse. And, since the passing of Sammy Davis Jr., only seems to apply to Paul whatsisname on Letterman. And Word! is just, well, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.starwars)